Several notable things happened this weekend:
· Murray finally won the men’s championships at Wimbledon and what a cracker of a game it was too.
· The weather was blindingly superb - almost fifty degrees on centre court, I do declare just about everyone was in good spirits as a result and a minimum of factor 30 was required all round.
· My eldest son turned eighteen; needless to say his father and I were not invited to the late night pub and club crawl. As it happens, I couldn't have joined them (even if I were invited) as I was knee deep in flowers preparing for my third and final wedding of the weekend. Impressively, I only 'just' managed to go to bed a short while before he returned home; my excuse a very late night/early morning of wiring an exquisite teardrop bouquet, his excuse - laddish celebrations!
· It was not all work and no play, I made time to squeeze in a birthday lunch (at the pub)! Cake was consumed and candles blown out (with presents) at tea time. My fear as a mother, is that this may have been a last opportunity to do the birthday "thing“ next year he may well be clubbing in Ibiza!
· Three corking days of sunshine over an entire weekend accompanying three beautiful weddings; just perfect, how overdue was this sunshine?
I leave you with a glimpse of wedding number 3: Sunday July 7th at Wasing Park in the Victorian summer house. The sun going over the trees so that the garden was in dappled shade and a light breeze kept everyone cool.
Where are all the other wedding photos I hear you ask? Well here's the thing, it seems you can definitely have too much of a good thing (and that includes cake after a pub lunch)! So I'll save them for another day.
Long may this weather last...
Oh and one more thing, my sweet peas are finally blooming in the garden (yipee).
PS The cake was origianlly two separate attempts at a Delia Coffee Walnut (eldest's favourite) but, as you can see, neither were particularly successful but we stacked them together anyhow!